Amazon’s Prime Day sales event came and went this past July, as it has every year since 2015. The two-day shopping event is exclusively for Amazon Prime members and features thousands of products spanning all categories. This year the company has plopped another sales event on the calendar from October 11 through 12 called the “Prime Early Access Sale.” Meant to preempt the holiday shopping season, it’s a smaller, albeit still massive discount event on thousands of items.
To be clear, Amazon remains a behemoth that has done (and continues to do) many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many things worthy of criticism, and Prime Day itself tends to be loaded up with a lot of junk offers and misleading “discounts” that don’t make products significantly cheaper than they usually are. Much like Prime Day, these deals range widely in their value. But among the literal tens of thousands of sale items, there are some genuinely good deals on a lot of the items and categories we cover here at Ars.
We spent several hours combing through the offers to compile a list of the best values available. Many of the items are devices we’ve reviewed well here at Ars, while the rest have been well-reviewed at multiple review sites we trust. Using tools like Keepa and CamelCamelCamel, we verified that the deals below offer prices as low or lower than they’ve been in the past three to six months. Many of these match the types of discounts you’ll see during other major sales events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The comprehensive roundup below will be updated periodically throughout each day of the event to reflect changes in stock, pricing, and additive deals.
Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Featured Amazon Prime Day deals
Best Prime Day Amazon device deals
Best Prime Day headphone and audio deals
Best Prime Day electronics deals
Best Prime Day TV deals
- LG C1 (2021) 65-inch 4K OLED TV for $1,497 (
- LG A1 (2021) 48-inch 4K OLED TV for $647 (
- Samsung QN90B (2022) 75-inch QLED 4K TV with Alexa built-in for $2,498 (
$2,800) Sony A80K (2022) 55-inch 4K OLED TV for $1,300 ($1,500)
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K media streamer for $27 (
- Hisense U7G (2021) 65-inch 4K LED Android TV for $700 (
- Hisense U8G (2021) 65-inch 4K LED Android TV for $800 (
- TCL 43S446 (2022) 43-inch 4K TV for $230 (
Best Prime Day laptop and desktop PC deals
- Apple MacBook Air (2022) 13.6-inch laptop (Apple M2, 2560×1664, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $1,049 (
- Microsoft Surface Pro 8 13-inch tablet PC (2880×1920, Core i5 Intel Evo Platform, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $869 (
$1,000) (with Surface Pro Keyboard for $1,000 at Best Buy)
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 15-inch laptop PC (2496×1664, Core i7-1185G7, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD) for $2,099 (
- ViewSonic Elite XG320U 32-inch gaming monitor for $800 (
$900)—3840×2160, 150 Hz, FreeSync
- Samsung Odyssey G9 49-inch gaming monitor for $1000 (
$1200)—5120×1440, 240 Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible
- Samsung Odyssey G5 27-inch gaming monitor for $290 (
$320)—2560×1440, 165 Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible
- LG 34WN80C-B 34-inch ultrawide IPS PC monitor (3440 x 1440) for $460 (
- WD Black P10 (5TB) portable external HDD for $100 (normally $108)
- WD My Passport (1TB) portable SSD for $105 (
- WD Elements + My Passport (6TB and 4TB) external desktop HDD and portable HDD for $220 (
- Samsung T7 (1TB) portable SSD for $100 (
$145) (2TB for $200)
- SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD V2 (2TB) for $160 (